additional information about defunct IIAC schools:
Roosevelt Military Academy (aka 'Illinois Military').
After the end of the first World War, the buildings of William & Vashti College stood empty. The Kansas Military Academy needed a place to relocate and Col. Terry, its owner, heard of the vacant campus. On March 16, 1924, Col. Terry, five teachers and 44 cadets arrived on the train in Aledo, and the 'Illinois Military School' had begun.
The school grew rapidly, and in 1927, against the advice of his associates, Col. Terry entered a contract to use the property of the defunct Hedding College as a branch for the senior grades 10th - 12th and a junior college. Renamed in the 1930's in memory and honor of Theodore Roosevelt. The school existed from 1924 through 1973.